Monday, November 5, 2012
Sautéed shrimp with steamed rice and steamed cabbage w/snow peas
1 pound of uncooked
1 package of Sazon seasoning
All purpose seasoning
1 plum tomatoe
1/2 bell pepper
1package of snow peas
Half of a cabbage
1. Peel and devein shrimp.
2. Season the shrimp with cayenne pepper, creole seasoning, garlic powder, all purpose seasoning and paprika.
3. Let shrimp marinate while you prepare the next step.
4. Slice onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes and sautéed in a medium skillet until they become soft or onion in translucent. For about 6 minutes.
5. Add 1 1/2 cup of water along with 1 spoon of tomato paste and 1 spoon of Worcestershire sauce. Let sauce for approximately 1 minute.
6. Add some all purpose and creole seasoning to the sauce and the table spoon of sugar.
7. Let sauce come to a good boil and then add the shrimp and cover.
8. Let cook for approximately 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
1. Add rice and water to a pot.
2. Add salt and butter to pot and set on medium to high heat.
3. Let come to a boil and put on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
Cabbage and snow peas.
1. Chop cabbage to your liking.
2. cut tips off the snow peas.
3. Heat a sautee pan on medium to high heat with vegetable oil.
4. Add cabbage and sprinkle lightly with creole and all purpose seasoning.
5. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stir to make sure it does not stick to the pan.
6. Add snow peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes on low-medium heat.
Posted by Chantal at 11:30:00 AM