Monday, November 5, 2012
Chicken Parmesan: I so love this dish. A few steps of preparation, but worth it all.
4 Boneless chicken breast
salt and pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
Your favorite pasta sauce
2 cups bread crumbs
Three bowls and the container you are going to bake your chicken in.
** The amount of ingredients needed will need to be adjusted if making a larger amount or smaller portion.
1. Clean chicken if necessary and season with salt and pepper or all purpose seasoning. Do not add too much salt because the cheese and the sauce will have salt.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Put in one bowl egg whites only and bread crumbs in another bowl. Line them up in that order.
4. Dip the Chicken breast in the egg whites, then breadcrumbs and place them in your baking dish.Coat well ans shake off excess.
5. Bake chicken breast in oven for approximately 15-20 minutes to partly cook and crisps the breadcrumbs or you can also fry them on each side for a few minutes if you wish. Remove from oven and cover with pasta sauce and top with mozzarella and then Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
Posted by Chantal at 11:29:00 AM