Monday, November 5, 2012
1 pound of uncooked
1 package of Sazon seasoning
All purpose seasoning
1 plum tomatoe
1/2 bell pepper
1package of snow peas
Half of a cabbage
1. Peel and devein shrimp.
2. Season the shrimp with cayenne pepper, creole seasoning, garlic powder, all purpose seasoning and paprika.
3. Let shrimp marinate while you prepare the next step.
4. Slice onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes and sautéed in a medium skillet until they become soft or onion in translucent. For about 6 minutes.
5. Add 1 1/2 cup of water along with 1 spoon of tomato paste and 1 spoon of Worcestershire sauce. Let sauce for approximately 1 minute.
6. Add some all purpose and creole seasoning to the sauce and the table spoon of sugar.
7. Let sauce come to a good boil and then add the shrimp and cover.
8. Let cook for approximately 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
1. Add rice and water to a pot.
2. Add salt and butter to pot and set on medium to high heat.
3. Let come to a boil and put on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
Cabbage and snow peas.
1. Chop cabbage to your liking.
2. cut tips off the snow peas.
3. Heat a sautee pan on medium to high heat with vegetable oil.
4. Add cabbage and sprinkle lightly with creole and all purpose seasoning.
5. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stir to make sure it does not stick to the pan.
6. Add snow peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes on low-medium heat.
Posted by Chantal at 11:30:00 AM
Chicken Parmesan: I so love this dish. A few steps of preparation, but worth it all.
4 Boneless chicken breast
salt and pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
Your favorite pasta sauce
2 cups bread crumbs
Three bowls and the container you are going to bake your chicken in.
** The amount of ingredients needed will need to be adjusted if making a larger amount or smaller portion.
1. Clean chicken if necessary and season with salt and pepper or all purpose seasoning. Do not add too much salt because the cheese and the sauce will have salt.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Put in one bowl egg whites only and bread crumbs in another bowl. Line them up in that order.
4. Dip the Chicken breast in the egg whites, then breadcrumbs and place them in your baking dish.Coat well ans shake off excess.
5. Bake chicken breast in oven for approximately 15-20 minutes to partly cook and crisps the breadcrumbs or you can also fry them on each side for a few minutes if you wish. Remove from oven and cover with pasta sauce and top with mozzarella and then Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
Posted by Chantal at 11:29:00 AM